As of today we have the following achievements:
• We decreased the time needed for execution of all test cases by 45%;
• In the meantime, the quality of the testing is highly increased due to the equal automation benchmarks we use in every iteration;
• Various reports on testing progress and build quality can be done with just a few steps;
• We made possible the weekend execution of all regression tests thus saving testers’ time;
• The management can check the current status of the automation and testing at a glance, with no effort.
BASWARE (FORMERLY CERTIPOST)
BASWARE - E-PAYMENT & E-DOCUMENT EXCHANGE SYSTEMS
Basware is a software company for selling enterprise software for financial processes, purchase to pay and financial management. It is the global leader in cloud based e-invoicing and purchase-to-pay solutions with more than 1,000,000 users in over 60 countries. The company’s strategy is to become the largest business commerce network for both buyers and suppliers. With the acquisition of Certipost, Basware becomes the market leader in e-Invoicing in the Benelux market.
Basware provides open, secure, cloud-based purchase-to-pay and e-invoicing solutions to organizations of all sizes, resulting in greater efficiencies in procurement, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Basware is launching three additional innovations within the Basware Commerce Network:
• Basware Portal for Receiving – It enables e-invoices to be sent and received easily and securely to customers through the Basware Commerce Network. It provides full visibility into the delivery status of all invoices, removing uncertainty and allowing better forecasting of cash flow. The module is particularly well suited for companies that don’t have an automated invoice processing system or the capability to receive true e-invoices;
• Basware Portal for Tracking – It takes all the complexity out of monitoring and tracking invoices by allowing suppliers greater insight into the status of their invoices. This makes accounts payable teams more productive and enables them to focus on core activities by reducing the amount of time spent responding to supplier enquiries about payment status;
• Basware PDF e-invoice – Many organizations send invoices in PDF format, and buyers typically have to spend a lot of time capturing, extracting and validating the data from these invoices. These problems are solved by Basware PDF e-invoice, which allows PDF senders to continue to send PDFs while extracting all the relevant, detailed line item information before adding it straight into an invoice automation system for automatic matching and processing.
All have been designed to deliver on Basware’s strategy of enabling connected commerce for small, large and global businesses, providing sustainable cost savings, proactive insight to cash flows and improved buyer–supplier relationships for all.
With lots of test scenarios, stored in simple excel files the testing process was hard. The execution of the cases, the following of the results and the preparation of the reports were difficult and time consuming. In order to make the test process easier we suggested a test management tool to be implemented.
Other problem was that most of the time the hours defined for testing were not enough so we realized that we should think of something to help us with the regression testing. We decided that it will be nice if we can record some automation tests between the releases of the products. So we had to find the best automation tool for our needs.
About the test management tool we decided that an open source application will match our needs because we can configure it as we want to. Other requirement for it is to have the option to be integrated with our issue tracking system Jira. So we chose TestLink. Now we can easy mark the results of the execution, manage and follow the version of the test scenarios, create reports and check the daily activities of each of us.
For the automation process we chose a tool which is graphic based and the recording of a test is simple and it doesn’t take a lot of time. The decision to choose Telerik’s TestStudio was also based on the fact that its company has a great support service. So every time that we needed some help or just a hint we know that the support team is available.
In order to save time with the execution of the automated tests we also created a list of tests which was scheduled to run during the nights. So at the morning when we come at the office, we have the status of the executions. We also want the results to be accessible so we built a results viewer. In it the results from the automation execution are automatically published and some statistics are shown.
• Telerik TestStudio;
• Tortoise SVN;
• Shrew Soft VPN Access Manager;
• eToken – SafeNet Authentication Client Tool;
• Smart Cards – Belgium ID;
• Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio;
• Oracle VM VirtualBox;
May 2011 – Dec 2013
Test management tools, Automation testing tools, Performance testing, Security testing tools